We had a rousing discussion via Zoom for the Advanced Training session. The meeting was broken up into two parts. In part one, we discussed a variety of topics regarding what kinds of things we want to cover in future Advanced Training classes. In part two, we talked about the pending Salt Lake County ARES "basic load" of radio frequencies, particularly what frequencies MARC wants to put into the "club specific" portion of the load.
Upcoming Class Topics
- backup/emergency power
- Solar panels (portable and permanent mount, charge controllers, etc)
- Batteries and charging/maintenance
- Cabling, power loss and heat
- go kits (vhf/uhf, hf, “shack in a box”, ultra-portable, etc.)
- Security of equipment
- antenna modeling with software
- packet radio
- running a traffic net
- Procedures, forms, etc.
- Equipment, using your go kit, portable antennas, power, etc.
- HF operations/procedures
- Mobile radio installation, don’t break your car or your radio
- HF, VHF/UHF
- Grounding, cabling, antennas
- Mobile CW?
- Grounding and bonding, electrical/lightning (not the same)
- Practical/advanced DMR
- Demos, experimentation
- Other digital voice modes
- System Fusion
- HF Digital Modes
- Radio over Internet
- Field day/Contesting
- Techniques for handling pileups, etc.
- Controlling your audio
- Speakers, mics, parametric equalization, etc.
- How to get more participation in the advanced class
- Paper logs vs. Software
- QSL cards
- Building various antenna types
- Pringles can yagi
- Beam antennas
- Safety (tower, electrical, etc.)
SLCo ARES Basic Load - MARC FrequenciesThese are the frequencies that have been suggested for the "club specific" section of the SLCo ARES basic load.
|Memory Location||Receive Frequency||Transmit Frequency||Offset||Short Name||Tone Mode||Tone Value||Description|
|16||147.16||147.76||Plus||MARC-PRI2m||TONE||127.3 Hz||Murray Amateur Radio Club 2m Primary|
|17||224.64||223.04||Minus||MARC-220||TONE||156.7||Sammie's 220 Repeater|
|20||224.9||223.3||Minus||MARC-FD||TONE||156.7||MARC - 220 RPTR MURRAY FD|
|21||147.6||147.6||Simplex||MRC-CITY||None||MARC - MURRAY CITY SIMPLEX|
|22||146.62||146.02||Minus||Farnsworth||None||Farnsworth Peak Repeater|
|23||147.12||147.72||Plus||Intertie||TONE||100||Farnsworth Peak Repeater Intertie|
|24||440.???||445.???||Plus||MARC-440||TONE||100||MARC 440 REPEATER|
|25||447.9||442.9||Minus||Curry Pk||TONE||114.8||Curry Peak|
|26||147.14||147.74||Plus||Butterfield Pk||TONE||127.3||Butterfield Peak|
|27||449.425||444.425||Minus||Nelson Pk||TONE||100||Nelson Peak - IRLP Linked to Western Reflector|
|28||146.74||146.14||Minus||Huntsman||TONE||114.8||Huntsman Cancer Inst (Linked to 448.100), Taylorsville ARC|
If you have suggestions for changes to this section, additional repeaters or frequencies, or anything else about the SLCo ARES basic load, please send them to Dan (N7XDL).